Bangkok Diary recent blog entitled Hot or Not? What Thai Girls Look for in a Foreign Guy which at a glance, suggests that Thai girls (the under 30’s) are only interested in tall, well built, well dressed guy but failing that a farang ATM machine.
Here it is, read it, cringe, and tell me if you agree that Danny of Bangkok Diary is equally empty headed as the Thai girls he claimed to have studied!
1. The Vin Diesel type is better off staying at Home as Thai girl is fairly short and as thin as a stick – she’d probably be terrified of someone Vin Diesel’s size!
2. The Clothes Make The Man -the average Thai male will be wearing nice shoes, designer jeans, and a stylist dress shirt. So follow suit and you will instantly be elevating yourself above 90% of the foreigners in Thailand, and receiving much more attention from the opposite sex to boot.
3. Skin Colour Does Matter – in Thailand, people are judged all the time based on skin tone. The whiter the skin, the more attractive, wealthy, and elite a person is perceived to be!
4. Loose the Beer Gut – fitter guys appear younger, healthier, and generally more desirable to Thai girls!
5. When All Else Fails (None of the above: ATM card at the ready!)
This listis all about appearance and money! This goes to show that Danny only knows the type of girls that money can buy!
Yes, Thai society seems to judge most by face values, something I’m sadly disappointed with. But just think about this if beautiful Thai women are willing to give their lives up for fat, greedy, nerdy as well as needy farang guys with money then why not, good luck to them I say.
Another blogger at Leosia, also commented on this article and summed up by saying,
In Thai culture it is “what you look like” and “what you have” which is considered important, not “who you are”. This has important repercussions for how westerners interact and present themselves – and often results in misunderstandings as to the true nature of a relationship.
Now you girls out there, of course I’m referring to you Thai girls out there, what do you think about all this? Are the farangs right? Are we superficial and do we choose to date farang because … and according to Danny again,
The majority of Thai guys tend to be short, thin, and somewhat effeminate. Foreigners, on the other hand, tend to be taller, heavier built, and more masculine …
So are you BF’s Thai or farang? Tell us why you date them and are we that superficial?